Saturday, July 11, 2009

sick and tired


It's been eleven days since my last post. I would have written about any topic of interest to me had it not been for the very bad cough and cold that i caught. Last weekend, I was placed under observation by my doctor and on Monday, it was determined that I had dengue. So, it was time again to check in at the Padilla Resort and Spa in Plaridel, Bulacan ( he he he). I stayed there only until Wednesday afternoon. Whenever the doctor does his rounds, I always tell him I am ready to be discharged. Nakulitan siguro, pinalabas na din ako.


It's my third confinement in six months, first in January, after Amang's burial, for hypertension, then in late May, for hypotension and now, for dengue. Seems like I am becoming a good specimen for medical students. And Dr. Padilla is getting richer and richer because of me.
Seriously, these latest experiences make me think that I am probably in the last stretch of the race. At the risk of sounding morbid, I have become so courageous of facing the inevitable, yet, i still pray that I be given enough time to finish what I want to do before my time is up. Some of those things I can't do by my lonesome self. I need the cooperation of the significant people in my life. At this point, I no longer desire material things and any form of validation. I simply wish to smell the flowers once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment